Across the Aegean sea we found a company with an outlook that matches our own – Egedeniz.
They had a commitment to quality, and an unshakable attitude towards sustainability that felt right at home with us.
So we ordered a batch of organic cotton, and wove our first-ever 100% organic cotton towel. We called it The Aegean, of course.
But that wasn’t quite enough. So we went the whole hog.
Over 3 days we were assessed from top to bottom: from yarn storage, to warping, weaving, CMT, finishing, retail, wholesale… We were monitored from waste disposal to yarn lots, energy consumption, labour practices, health and safety… the works.
And in June 2020, we ‘GOTS’ it.
Compliance across the board.
Making us the first GOTS-certified mill in country.
GOTS Organic Cotton Baby Blankets
In 2021 it’s only fitting that a new product is born: introducing the Mungo GOTS organic baby blanket range.
Ultra soft, breathable and of an heirloom quality.
Woven on our 120-year-old Lancashire shuttle looms, which results in a baby blanket with a looser tension, softer feel and a true selvedge (a self-finished edge that prevents the fabric from fraying).
Why Organic Cotton
- Low impact: water, energy and carbon efficient
- Safe for the soil: grown without pesticides or fertilisers & maintains soil fertility
- Safe for people: protects the health of cotton farmers
- A superior textile: organic cotton is durable, breathable and incredibly soft
- For sensitive skin: naturally hypoallergenic and chemical free