Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Around 800g tomatoes (preferably left to ripen in a sunny kitchen and then halved or quartered depending on the size, or left whole if cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large red onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 red peppers (deseeded and cut into chunks)
- 4-6 cloves garlic (left whole in skins)
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 500mls vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Few dashes of Cheyenne pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Add the tomatoes, red peppers, onion and garlic to a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Mix it all around with your hands.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes until the veg are sweet and just slightly charred.
- Bring the stock to the boil and add the Worcestershire sauce and Cheyenne pepper.
- Pick out the garlic from the roasted vegetables and squeeze the juicy garlic flesh out into the stock, discarding the skins. Add the rest of the vegetables
- Puree using a hand blender, but not too smooth, some texture is nice